APPLICATION OF THIS POLICY
1. The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide CWCS your Personal Data, CWCS will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below.
If you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider, failure to provide your Personal Data, may be a breach of laws or regulatory requirements, and may cause CWCS to be unable to engage you to provide services or products or issue payments to you for products or services provided.
2. As used in this Policy, “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
3. If you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider, personal data which we may collect in the context of your registration with us includes, without limitation, your:
(a) name or alias, gender, NRIC/FIN or passport number, date of birth, nationality, and country and city of birth;
(b) mailing address, telephone numbers, email address and other contact details;
(c) salary information and bank account details;
(d) details of your next-of-kin, spouse and other family members;
(e) work-related health issues and disabilities;
(f) records on leave of absence from work;
(g) photographs and other audio-visual information;
(h) performance assessments and disciplinary records; and
(i) any additional information provided to us by you during registration.
4. Other terms used in this Policy shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
5. We generally collect personal data that (a) you knowingly and voluntarily provide in the course of or in connection with your registration with us, or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”, which may include your referrer), after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
6. If you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider, your personal data will be collected and used by us for the following purposes and we may disclose your personal data to third parties where necessary for the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations under or in connection with your contract for employment with us, including payment of remuneration and tax;
(b) all administrative and human resources related matters within our organisation, including administering payroll, granting access to our premises and computer systems, processing leave applications, administering your insurance and other benefits, processing your claims and expenses, investigating any acts or defaults (or suspected acts or defaults) and developing human resource policies;
(c) ensuring business continuity for our organisation in the event that your engagement with us is or will be terminated;
(d) performing obligations under or in connection with the provision of our goods or services to our clients;
(e) facilitating any proposed or confirmed merger, acquisition or business asset transaction involving any part of our organisation, or corporate restructuring process; and
(f) facilitating our compliance with any laws, customs and regulations which may be applicable to us.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in anyway, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
8. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. If you are agent, vendor, supplier or service provider you may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
9. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process and effect your request within thirty (30) days of receiving it.
10. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and extent of your request, we may not be in a position to process your application (as the case may be). We shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request (as outlined above). Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
11. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
12. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold, you may submit your request in writing or via email to us at email@example.com.
13. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
14. We will respond to your access request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your access request within thirty (30) days after receiving your access request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
15. Please note that depending on the request that is being made, we will only need to provide you with access to the personal data contained in the documents requested, and not to the entire documents themselves. In those cases, it may be appropriate for us to simply provide you with confirmation of the personal data that our organisation has on record, if the record of your personal data forms a negligible part of the document.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
16. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
17. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
18. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing us in writing or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
19. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
20. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the personal data were collected, and are no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
21. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
22. You may contact our Data Protection Officer at DPO@cwcleaningsg.com if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures.
EFFECT OF POLICY AND CHANGES TO POLICY
23. This Policy applies in conjunction with any other policies, notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.